HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BOOK AND TOOL AWARD
Please read the following before applying.
To be eligible for this Book and Tool Award (BTA); students must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a Senior in High School
- Completed BTA application – signed and dated.
- Personal essay (1500 character maximum).
- Certification of student’s GPA.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher.
- Proof of acceptance / enrollment to a College, University, or Vocational/Tech School.
- Proof of Community / Family Service.
- List of work experience and/or extracurricular activities.
- Applicants may only receive one book award during their post-secondary (college; university or vocational/tech school) education.
- IFPTE Local 400 reserves the right to change or discontinue this program without notice.
- The student is solely responsible for submitting the completed application by the specified date to:
- Award recipients will be required to notify IFPTE Local 400 at Local400RI@gmail.com of their acceptance of the
award within 10 days of notification.
- Once 10 recipients are chosen and have accepted, notification will be posted on IFPTE Local 400’s web site
(IFPTE Local 400 http://www.ifpte400.org ). Notification will include the names of the recipients.
- Questions regarding the BTA program should be sent to Local400RI@gmail.com
- All information provided is confidential and for the exclusive use of the IFPTE Local 400 BTA Committee.
- Applications will be reviewed on a first come first served basis, and a determination will be made in the order received. A maximum of 10 awards will be granted.
***IF APPLICATION IS NOT COMPLETE WITH ALL DOCUMENTATION, IT WILL BE REJECTED***