HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BOOK AND TOOL AWARD
Please read the following before applying.
To be eligible for this Book and Tool Award (BTA); students must meet the following qualifications:
• Must be a Senior in High School or have not received this award before.
• Completed BTA application – signed and dated.
• Personal essay (1500 character maximum).
• Certification of student’s GPA.
• Letter of recommendation from a teacher.
• Proof of acceptance / enrollment to a College, University, or Vocational/Tech School.
• Proof of Community / Family Service.
• List of work experience and/or extracurricular activities.
I have read and understood the above requirements. Please initial
• Applicants may only receive one book award during their post-secondary (college; university or vocational/tech
• IFPTE Local 400 reserves the right to change or discontinue this program without notice.
• The student is solely responsible for submitting the completed application by the specified date to: email
• Award recipients will be required to notify IFPTE Local 400 at Local400RI@gmail.com of their acceptance of the
award within 10 days of notification.
• Once 10 recipients are chosen and have accepted notification will be posted on IFPTE Local 400’s web site.
Notification will include the names of the recipients.
• Questions regarding the BTA program should be sent to Local400RI@gmail.com.
• All information provided is confidential and for the exclusive use of the IFPTE Local 400 BTA Committee.
• Applications will be reviewed, and a determination will be made in the order received. A maximum of 10
awards will be granted.
• Applications will be reviewed on a first come first served basis and determinations will be made.
**IF APPLICATION IS NOT COMPLETE WITH ALL DOCUMENTATION, IT WILL BE REJECTED**